The US News & World Report website published a list of the best diets for 2019 earlier in the year, and at the top of the list was the diet called the Mediterranean Diet. Step into the Mediterranean diet today and take a look at this divine way to lose weight + maintain your health~
01-What is Mediterranean diet
Mediterranean diet, also known as Mediterranean Diet, refers to the diet style of vegetables and fruits, fish, cereals, beans and olive oil in southern European countries along the Mediterranean coast, such as Greece, Spain, France and southern Italy.
The study found that there are too many advantages of Mediterranean diet! It can: reduce the risk of heart disease, protect the brain from vascular damage, and reduce the risk of stroke and memory loss. wait.
02 – What to eat on the Mediterranean diet
“What are the main food groups?
The structure of the Mediterranean diet is mainly based on plant products, including whole grain products, olive oil, fruit, vegetables, pulses and nuts. Fish and seafood are the main animal proteins, and small portions are preferred.
“What to eat on the Mediterranean diet
– Vegetables and fruit as the mainstay.
– Whole grains, pulses, nuts are allowed.
– Olive oil as the main cooking oil.
– fish and seafood at least 2 times a week.
– Wine in moderation and water as a drink.
“What to eat on the Mediterranean diet”
– Poultry and eggs are to be eaten in moderation.
– Cheese and yoghurt also to be eaten in moderation.
– The recommended upper limit for alcohol consumption on the Mediterranean diet is one glass a day for women and two glasses a day for men.
Eat a lightly processed, plant-based diet. This is because the vitamins, minerals and fibre are not destroyed in lightly processed foods and the overall characteristics of a plant-based diet are high in fibre, high in protein, low in fat and low in calories.
Olive oil is also central to the Mediterranean diet. Olive oil is the best source of antioxidants and healthy fats, which can reduce the risk of heart disease.